With the current COVID-19 situation impacting the globe, and in order to remain aligned with the Australian Government – Department of Health advice, with immediate effect operations at Point Cook Flying Club will be significantly scaled back.
For flying operations, the following is in place:
- All pilots are required to bring their own disinfectant wipes to wipe down touched surfaces. This is to be conduct both prior to, and after flight. No disinfectant wipes, no flying. Please be mindful of the surfaces within the aircraft you are cleaning, to avoid damaging flight instruments. Surfaces to be wiped include, but are not limited to:
- Aircraft keys
- Aircraft books
- Club door combination lock
- Aircraft door handles
- Aircraft control column and flying controls
- In order to keep in line with social distancing rules, all flights are to be either SOLO, or with people that you reside with, in the same household.
- All communal club equipment is not to be used. Specifically, this is:
- Club headsets
- Club life jackets (Please plan your flights accordingly).
- Flights are all to be contained within Victoria, and be YMPC for YMPC only. Given the dynamic nature of the current situation, we don’t want our club aircraft stranded away from base with an inability to get them back.
- The club simulator is off limits.
Similarly, all club social events have been postponed until further notice. Unless you are planning on taking an aircraft flying in accordance with the regulations listed above, we ask that you don’t visit the clubrooms.
Whilst we all hope the situation will quickly resolve with minimal further disruption, we must be prepared to escalate our current position to ceasing all flying operations, and temporarily closing the club. With this in mind, it is imperative that if you take an aircraft flying, then please leave it correctly secured upon return.
We appreciate your understanding in this matter, and will keep you informed if the club position changes.
Point Cook Flying Club