As things are starting to wind back up around the country, the base are full steam ahead with works to improve the airfield.
The main works underway at the moment relate to the construction of the Australian Airforce Cadets Hanger as well as drainage works on the airfield.
Grated Drain Works
04 – 30 May (EST) 0630h – 1730h
- Due to several delays the drain works have been extended by one week to Saturday 30 May (at this stage)
- NOTAM C33/20 has been updated to reflect the new planned finish time
- Same restrictions apply for RWY 04/22
AAFC New Hangar (Image is not the hangar in case you were curious)
20 May – Nov (EST)
- Works will be commencing on this project at the Northern Apron tomorrow (Wednesday 20 May)
- No NOTAM will be issued for the apron closure (does not fall under NOTAM submission requirements)
- The entire worksite will be fenced and marked appropriately and will become a ‘non-airside’ area for everything operating inside the boundary
- Please be aware that Gate 1 will no longer be an access point and Gate 2 will become the main gate for civil emergency vehicle access, as well as the RMIT Fuel truck
- The perimeter road will be closed from gate 2 all the way around to RWY 17 gable markers
- WSO is Shaun Carberry, C/S ‘Works 1’, mob: 0419 982 266
- TWY Bravo is scheduled to be closed for approx. 6 weeks from first week of June to mid-July